This section is for anyone studying history in school.
Are you after help with study skills or guidance on research? Maybe you want to look at a History Hook video to get you started on one of our online lessons? Or learn about our young peoples’ projects, giving you a real archival experience? Explore below!
Each summer, The National Archives' on site education team at Kew, London, offer young people in schools and colleges the chance to take part in a unique project that explores some of the hidden stories in our documents.
- 2021: Rebels in the records
- 2021: Seafarers Stories
- 2020: From outbreak to archive
- 2020: Workhouse Voices: Creative Writing Competition
- 2019: Mental Health on Record
- 2018: University of Worcester Graphic Design
- 2018: Holding History
- 2018: Writing War, Writing Peace
- 2018: Armistice and Legacy
- 2017: Piety, plunder and protest
- 2017: Suffrage Tales
- 2016: Somme Tales
These short video tasks are accessible introductions to some of our online lesson resources.