Our current exhibition, Treason: People, Power & Plot, is open Tuesday to Sunday every week until Thursday 6 April.
Our reading rooms, exhibitions, shop and café are free to visit and open to all between Tuesday and Saturday. Our building opens to visitors at 09:00, until the reading rooms close (Sunday times differ).
Our exhibitions, café and shop are open on Sundays, between 11:00 and 16:00.
Reading rooms and document ordering
|Reading rooms||Documents can be ordered between|
|Tuesday||09:30 to 19:00||09:30 to 16:00|
|Wednesday||09:30 to 17:00||09:30 to 15:30|
|Thursday||09:30 to 19:00||09:30 to 16:00|
|Friday||09:30 to 17:00||09:30 to 15:30|
|Saturday||09:30 to 17:00||09:30 to 15:30|
Our other services
Our café is open between 09:00 and 16:00 Tuesday to Saturday, and the first Sunday of the month between 11:00 and 15:00.
Our shop is open between 10:00 and 17:00 Tuesday to Saturday, and the first Sunday of the month between 11:00 and 16:00.
Our car park is open from 08:00 and closes 30 minutes after our building.
All dates listed below are inclusive. Some dates may be subject to change.
- Christmas 2022: Saturday 24 December to Wednesday 28 December
- New Year’s Day: Saturday 31 December to Monday 2 January 2023
- Easter: Friday 7 April to Monday 10 April (we will close at 17:00 on Thursday 6 April)
- Early May Bank Holiday: Saturday 29 April to Monday 1 May
- Coronation Weekend: Saturday 6 May to Monday 8 May
- Spring Bank Holiday: Saturday 27 May to Monday 29 May
- Summer Bank Holiday: Saturday 26 August to Monday 28 August
- Christmas 2023: Saturday 23 to Wednesday 27 December
- New Year’s Day 2023/4: Saturday 30 December to Monday 1 January 2024