Following a recent Archive Service Accreditation Panel the following archive services have been awarded accreditation for the second time:
- Archives and Special Collections, Bangor University
- British Red Cross Museum and Archives
- BT Group Archives
- National Meteorological Library and Archive
- Nottinghamshire Archives
- Shropshire Archives
- The Mills Archive
- Heritage Collections, University of Edinburgh
- University of Leeds Special Collections
- Manuscripts and Special Collections, the University of Nottingham
All accredited archive services must apply again for accreditation six years after their initial award to retain their accredited status. By achieving accreditation for a second time these archive services have demonstrated that they continue to meet the UK standard for collections management and access to collections, and have demonstrated a commitment to continuing development of their service and the ability to manage changing circumstances successfully.
Archive Service Accreditation is supported by a partnership of the Archives and Records Association (UK), Archives and Records Council Wales, National Records of Scotland, Public Record Office of Northern Ireland, Scottish Council on Archives, The National Archives, and the Welsh Government through its Museums, Archives and Libraries Wales division.
View the full list of accredited archive services
Find out more about Archive Service Accreditation