Industrial action to affect services on Friday 28 April
Members of the Public and Commercial Services union have voted in favour of industrial action on Friday 28 April, in which we anticipate some of our staff will participate.
We will remain open to visitors on this day although some of our services will be affected, as follows:
- We will provide a document reading room service on the first floor, limited to pre-booked advance orders only. You will not be able to order documents on the day
- The map and large document reading room will be closed and there will be no access to library books or finding aids in this area. Documents usually viewed in the map and large document reading room will instead be produced to the first floor reading room
- Our walk-in service for ordering documents on the day will be suspended
- Our Start Here enquiry desk will open between 09:30 and 11:00 only, while assistance with in-depth research enquiries will only be available from 11:00
- New readers’ tickets will be issued throughout the day as required
- Some online services such as Live Chat will be reduced, and there will be no information line service.
Our website and other online services (including record copying ) will be unaffected, and our shop and café will open as normal.
Tags: industrial action, strike