More than 80 million of our historical documents have been digitised and published online.
In 2016-17, there were nearly 15 million visits to the UK Government Web Archive.
The National Archives captures government information published online by regularly archiving UK government websites. Access to these digital records is provided through the UK Government Web Archive. Our UK Government Web Archive now contains more than three billion URLs.
Since we started recording web traffic to the UK Government Web Archive, there have been over 1.7 billion redirected hits to the website.
We are currently reviewing how we monitor traffic to the UK Government Web Archive; we will update this page with more information in due course.
Number of physical records accessioned
We record the number of physical records transferred and added to Discovery, our online catalogue. In 2019-20 there were 72,899 pieces transferred (2,018 metres of records).
- 20-year rule
- Register of interests
- Conflicts of interest
- Energy, environment and sustainability
- How we spend public money
- Freedom of information requests
- Our public services
- Tenders and contracts
- Our staff
- Reclosure Panel
- Misplaced items
- Framework document for The National Archives
- Terms of Reference of The National Archives’ Board
- Information Management Report
- COVID-19 secure risk assessment
- Record transfer report
- Record transfer report for local bodies