- Accessing the records of the Manorial Documents Register
…wills, inventories, administrations, probate register(s), probate act book(s), papers rel to probate
Used for a document which lists tenants and their rent taken in a given year. …Keywords:
- Births, marriages and deaths in the armed forces
…wills of Royal Navy and Royal Marines personnel () from ADM 48.
…Keywords: armybirthsbritish armydeathsmarriagesnavyroyal air forceroyal marinesroyal navy
- British military campaign and service medals
…Keywords: armyawardsbritish armycampaign medalsmedalsofficers (army)
- Chancery cases in the Supreme Court after 1875
…many filed in relation to wills and intestates, are in J 63-68. …Keywords: courts of lawlegal disputessupreme court
- Chancery equity suits after 1558
…hundreds of thousands of disputes over inheritance and wills, lands, trusts, debts, marriage settlements, apprenticeships, and other parts of the fabric of daily life, were heard by the Lord Chancellor or his deputies. …Keywords: chancery (court of)civil litigationcourts of lawequity courts
- Chancery equity suits before 1558
Keywords: chancery (court of)civil litigationcourts of lawequity courts
- Country court death duty registers 1796-1811
…you can search Prerogative Court of Canterbury wills 1383-1858 on our website, or browse these records using Discovery, our catalogue.
…Keywords: administrations of probatedeath duties (tax)legacies (probate)probatewills All records viewable online
- Courts of law records held in other archives
…wills, criminals and land.
…Keywords: civil litigationconvictscourts of lawcrime and criminalslaw and orderprisons and prisonerstrials
- Crew lists and agreements and log books of merchant ships 1747-1860
Keywords: crew listslog books (ships)merchant navyshipping
- Death duties 1796-1903
…Before 1858 wills in England and Wales were proved in a variety of church courts. …Keywords: administrations of probatedeath duties (tax)deathsduties and taxeslegacies (probate)probatetaxes and dutieswills
Keywords: america (emigration to)australia (emigration to)canada (emigration to)emigrationnew zealand (emigration to)
- Equity proceedings in the Court of Exchequer
…wills and so on. …Keywords: courts of lawequity courtsexchequerlegal disputes
- Famous wills 1552-1854
…the wills of 102 famous people which form the series PROB 1.
…Keywords: famous peopleprerogative court of canterburyprobatewills All records viewable online
- Free online records: digital microfilm
…s Wills 1786-1909 Indexes to the Wills of Royal Naval Seamen 1786-1882 in ADM 48. …Keywords: admiraltyconvictscrime and criminalsforeign affairshome officenavy All records viewable online
- French lands of the English kings
…such as wills which you can view online. …Keywords: france (english lands in)land
- Funds in court
…Consult our research guides for advice on obtaining documentation of wills, births, marriages and deaths and the census.
…Keywords: courts of lawfunds in courtlegacies (probate)probate
- Jews and Jewish communities in the 18th-20th centuries
…Prerogative Court of Canterbury wills 1384-1858 include wills of many prominent Jewish families. …Keywords: anglo jewish historyemigrationimmigrationjewish history
- Medieval and early modern family history
Keywords: early modern periodfamily historygenealogymedieval period
- Royal household and Wardrobe
Keywords: crown servantsroyal householdroyal servantsroyal warrant holderstradesmen
- Royal Marines officers
…wills (ADM 48) from 1786 to 1882 on our website.
…Keywords: first world warofficers (royal marines)royal marinesworld war one
- Royal Marines other ranks
…wills (ADM 48) from 1786 to 1882 on our website.
…Keywords: first world warroyal marinesworld war one
- Royal Marines personnel: further areas of research
…524 for Royal Marine wills and administrations (1740-1764)
PMG 50 for registers of probates affecting the payment of pensions (1836-1915)
6. …Keywords: first world warofficers (royal marines)royal marinesworld war one
- Royal Navy unpaid pensions 1830-1860: claims by next of kin
Keywords: pensionsroyal navy All records viewable online
- Understanding digital records
- Wills 1384-1858
…wills in series PROB 11 made between 1384 and 12 January 1858.
…Keywords: deathsprerogative court of canterburyprobatewills All records viewable online
- Wills and probate before 1858: further research
…guide if you have already looked at our guide on Wills or administrations before 1858.
…Keywords: deathsprerogative court of canterburyprobatewills
- Wills of Royal Navy and Royal Marines personnel 1786-1882
…These records are the original wills of warrant officers and ratings as well as Royal Marines other ranks. …Keywords: officers (royal navy)probateroyal navywarrant officerswills All records viewable online
- Wills or administrations after 1858
…The National Archives does not hold wills or administrations in England and Wales (or any other part of the UK) after 1858 but this guide provides advice on where they are held and how you can search for them.
…Keywords: administrations of probatedeath duties (tax)prerogative court of canterburyprobatewills
- Wills or administrations before 1858
…Not everyone left a will and not all wills needed to be by a court.
…Keywords: administrations of probatedeathsprobatewills