Award-winning resources for students and teachers.
Help to develop your collections and archives services.
Best practice in records management and transfer, and information re-use.
- Additional security measures at The National Archives
Wednesday 24 May 2017
- We are closed this weekend and bank holiday Monday
Friday 26 May 2017
- ‘Meet the Keeper’ and Twitter question and answer session postponed
Monday 8 May 2017
- Family event - What was life like in the swinging sixties? FREE
Tuesday 30 May, 10:30-12:00
- Webinar - The English King of Spain that never was FREE
Wednesday 31 May, 18:00-19:00
- Talk - Crown and rebellion in thirteenth century England FREE
Thursday 8 June, 18:00-20:00
Read our latest blog posts
Find out how the government tried to ensure that people with venereal disease went to a doctor and not so-called quacks…
Play podcasts and videos
Keggie Carew discusses her book. ‘Dadland' is about her enigmatic, unorthodox father, who was an undercover guerrilla agent during the Second World War.
Browse and buy images held at The National Archives, from iconic advertising to ancient maps. Find out how to use images commercially…
'The Silence of the Archive' examines not what information is kept but what Is missed out, hidden or misreported and the impact this has on our reading of history.