Award-winning resources for students and teachers.
Help to develop your collections and archives services.
Best practice in records management and transfer, and information re-use.
- See Shakespeare’s will in London
Wednesday 3 February 2016
- The National Archives publishes reports on born-digital records management
Thursday 11 February 2016
- Allocation of papers accepted in lieu of tax
Monday 1 February 2016
- LGBT records: Personal stories from government archives FREE
13 February 2016, 14:00-16:00
- 'A little daylight game': Suffragettes through government eyes FREE
Wednesday 17 February 2016, 14:00-16:00
- Centenary stitches FREE
5 January – 19 March 2016
Read our latest blog posts
In a high pressure environment of targets and deadlines, there is a fear that the heart of a postgraduate degree – the research – is getting sidelined…
Play podcasts and videos
This is the story of the 1939 Register for England and Wales, how it was taken, and what happened next.
Browse and buy images held at The National Archives, from iconic advertising to ancient maps. Find out how to use images commercially…