Selecting and transferring paper records

These pages provide guidance on the selection and transfer of records. Bodies transferring records to The National Archives or to places of deposit under the Public Records Act 1958 should follow this process.

This process applies to records in all formats and media, including paper and digital records.

Check whether your organisation needs to transfer records either to The National Archives or to a place of deposit by reading Public records bodies: Determination and change of status (PDF, 0.22MB)

Alternatively contact us for more information.