Take a look at our portfolio of past projects!
‘I loved it. The plays were well-written, and it was great to hear about how writers used The National Archives to form the stories they created’ – audience member at the Once British Always British audio play events, April-May 2021
We seek to widen and deepen our knowledge of the past with groups and individuals, exploring how curiosity, balanced perspectives and a therapeutic approach can unpick the diverse histories within our collection.
‘If I were asked what I thought about the whole experience in three words, it would be this: Memorable, rewarding, stimulating’ – Extra Care Scheme Manager, Oak Tree House, Berkshire
We believe in consultation and tailor our projects to meet the needs of the communities we work with. Creativity, wellbeing and social interaction are at the heart of many of our projects!
We work to raise awareness of diverse histories through collaborative projects and events.
- Marking the 50th anniversary of the arrival of Ugandan Asians in Britain (2022)
- Indian Indentured Labour (2021-2023)
- Bangladesh 50 (2021)
- 1919 Race Riots project (2019)
- Reminiscence Black History Month (2019)
- Partition (2017)
- Remembering the past, growing the future (2017)
- Caribbean through a lens (2015)
- Ugandan Asians 40 years on (2012)
- Panjab 1947: A heart divided (2010)
We run projects aimed at engaging new audiences by using creativity to explore history and memory.