The National Archives is a recognised Knowledge Base under the Innovate UK funded Knowledge Transfer Partnership Scheme (KTP).
The aim of this joint collaborative project with the IMC Group is to develop software that incorporates expert knowledge within a diagnostic tool so that the interpretation, visualisation and evaluation of environmental data can provide the much needed evidence to enable effective adjustments to environmental conditions to improve preservation and reduce energy consumption.
This tool marks a distinct departure from the current position of evaluating data within a limited range of environmental conditions, to one that evaluates environmental conditions through a series of user defined criteria.
- ArcHives: ‘omics in the archive
- Photography and textiles
- Computer vision: AI for analysis and searching across watermarks and merchant marks
- Conservation of Samuel Holland’s 1765 map of Prince Edward Island
- The impact of dust on our collections
- Conserving transparent papers
- Collaborative working practices: Mind the Gap