- 1. What is another word for a “turn-out”?
- 2. What information suggests that the authorities expected trouble in Manchester and its surroundings?
- 3. In section 3b, which workers joined together to demonstrate?
- 4. What was the aim of the demonstration?
- 5. In section 3c, what other workers were encouraged to join in?
- 6. What is meant by the phrase “No one should work until they have their rights”?
- 7. How was the mob dispersed?
- 8. Do you think that there was a link between the demand for higher wages and the Chartist movement, or were they separate issues?