- What steps were taken by the authorities to control the meeting?
- What impression are you given of the size and appearance of the crowd?
- What happened to Hunt, Johnson, Saxton and Sykes, the main speakers at the meeting?
- Were many people hurt at the meeting?
- Does the writer justify in any way the use of force against the crowd?
- Have a look at source 2, the engraving of the events at St. Peter‚Äôs Fields. Can you spot any similarities and differences with this version of events?
- This account was written on the same day that the events happened. Can you think of any advantages or disadvantages this might mean for historians?