Archive Service Accreditation Panels
Archive Service Accreditation Panels are responsible for confirming the award of Archive Service Accreditation following a recommendation from the home nation assessor body. Panels consist of up to five members drawn from the Archive Service Accreditation Committee and meet three times a year, around March, June and November.
The next panels will take place on:
- 8 March 2023
- 5 July 2023
- 8 November 2023
Award of Archive Service Accreditation
Following the panel decision, archive services may be:
- provisionally accredited (archive services may be provisionally accredited for up to two years)
- not accredited
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application within one week of the meeting of the Archive Service Accreditation Panel. As part of the notification archive services will receive the following feedback:
- confirmation as to accreditation status
- commentary against how the archive service meets the standard at each requirement level and at each module level
- development actions, either required or improvement actions which will help the archive service better meet the standard and make ongoing improvements to their service
- a series of key findings about the archive service
- an overall commentary from the Archive Service Panel
See the Archive Service Accreditation assessment report (PDF, 0.11MB).
Further information about assessing Archives Service Accreditation.