Archive Service Accreditation Panels
Archive Service Accreditation Panels are responsible for confirming the award of Archive Service Accreditation following recommendation from the home nation assessor body. Panels consist of up to five members drawn from the Archive Service Accreditation Committee and meet three times a year, around March, June, and November.
Panel dates are:
- Thursday 7 March 2019
- Wednesday 3 July 2019
- Thursday 7 November 2019
Archive services in England are advised to submit their application for Archive Service Accreditation no later than three months in advance of a given Archive Service Accreditation Panel to guarantee review of their application at that panel. Assessment of any application for Archive Service Accreditation in England will only be guaranteed for a given Archive Service Accreditation Panel if agreed in advance with the assessor body.
Award of Archive Service Accreditation
Following the panel decision, archive services may be:
- provisionally accredited (archive services may be provisionally accredited for up to two years)
- not accredited
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application within one week of the meeting of the Archive Service Accreditation Panel. As part of the notification archive services will receive the following feedback:
- confirmation as to accreditation status
- commentary against how the archive service meets the standard at each requirement level and at each module level
- development actions, either required or improvement actions which will help the archive service better meet the standard and make ongoing improvements to their service
- a series of key findings about the archive service
- an overall commentary from the Archive Service Panel
See the Archive Service Accreditation assessment report (PDF, 0.11MB).
Further information on assessment for Archives Service Accreditation.