You can read our annual report below to find out how we performed during 2014-15 and to see our accounts.
You can also see annual reports from previous years and the results from our latest staff engagement survey.
Annual report and accounts 2014-15
Download the annual report 2014-15 (PDF, 17.20 MB)
Download an accessible spreadsheet of our core financial tables for 2014-15 (XLS, 0.06 MB)
In our annual report we describe our work over the past year and explain how we used the funds allocated to us. This year’s annual report also marks the completion of our previous four-year business plan, For the Record. For Good.
Our achievements during 2014-15 included:
- delivering over 640,000 physical records to our users in our reading rooms at Kew
- providing more than 200 million records to online users (through our online services and those of our licensed associates)
- retaining the government’s Customer Service Excellence standard for the 16th consecutive year
- a ten-part BBC television series featuring The National Archives records
- the launch of Transforming Archives, funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, a traineeship programme for the next generation of archivists
- the launch of ‘Magna Carta: the emergence of Parliament‘, an interactive educational resource developed in partnership with UK Parliament
- the cross-sector collaborative conference, Discovering Communities, Discovering Collections in October at Birmingham Library, run in partnership with Research Libraries UK, and supported by JISC, Arts Council England, and the University of Birmingham Cadbury Research Library
- partnering with universities across the UK to deliver collaborative doctoral partnerships
- the completion of our largest conservation exercise of an 18th-century map of Prince Edward Island, in preparation for display at a major exhibition in Canada
- the largest response to our Accessions to Repositories survey, which collects information about new records in archives UK-wide
- 26 archive services accredited as part of the Archive Service Accreditation scheme
- meeting or exceeding all of the Greening Government Commitment targets
- improving our performance on the civil service staff engagement survey (below) and retaining our status as a high-performing organisation