This course is suitable for Departmental Records Officers (DROs), records managers as well as IT managers. It covers a high-level overview of the digital transfer process and a practical afternoon session.
What this course covers
Morning session (10.00 to 12.45) – overview of the digital transfer process. This session should help with the planning of resources and highlight some key first steps.
Afternoon session (13.30 to 16.00) – practical exercises and operational guidance on the software needed for the digital transfer process.
19 July 2018
25 September 2018
22 November 2018
This course is free of charge
The National Archives, Kew. Free parking is available in The National Archives’ public car park.
We are currently prioritising departments that are due to transfer this year and next year. However, if your department is not due to transfer until after 2018 but you are still interested in attending the session then email us at DigitalRecordsTransfer@nationalarchives.gov.uk.
- Records Management Foundation Course: Appraisal, Selection and Transfer
- Introduction to Information Management
- Records Management Masterclass: Appraisal and Selection
- Records Management Masterclass: Cataloguing and File Preparation
- Digital continuity training
- Delivering Information Assurance training
- Management Board briefings
- Responsible for Information – Civil Service Learning course
- Implementing the 20-year rule – transferring to places of deposit