File preparation e-learning course
The National Archives’ file preparation e-learning course explains how to physically prepare records for transfer. This course is aimed at staff from government departments and other public record bodies who transfer records to The National Archives.
It will instruct staff in the standards of physical preparation necessary for transferring records to The National Archives.
Cataloguing e-learning course
The National Archives’ cataloguing e-learning course explains how to catalogue records that have been selected for transfer.
It will instruct staff on The National Archives’ cataloguing process and enable them to catalogue according to our defined standards.
These courses are aimed at staff from government departments and other public record bodies who transfer records to The National Archives; some additional guidance and tips will be included for staff transferring records to other places of deposit.
To register for these online courses, please complete the online registration form.
Once registered, you will have access to both courses.
- Records Management Foundation Course: Appraisal, Selection and Transfer
- Introduction to Information Management
- Records Management Masterclass: Appraisal and Selection
- Digital continuity training
- Digital transfer training
- Delivering Information Assurance training
- Management Board briefings
- Implementing the 20-year rule – transferring to places of deposit