A photograph taken outside the Houses of Parliament on 18 November, Catalogue ref: a. COPY 1/551
The man in the top hat is Dr Herbert Mills, the husband of the woman on the ground, Ernestine Mills.
- What do you think had happened just before the photograph was taken?
- Can you describe the scene in the photograph?
- What type of photograph is this?
- Why has this photograph been taken do you think?
- How could this photograph be used to criticise the government?
- How is this photograph useful for understanding the suffragette movement?
- What is the value of photographs as opposed to written documents?