Bewley & Draper’s Lemonade, 1894, (Catalogue ref: COPY 1/113 f260)
Look at Source 5
- What is this advert for?
- What do the numbers on the train carriages show?
- What differences in dress and appearance do you notice between the people shown?
- Why do you think this advert has shown three different carriages?
- What other product does this company sell?
- What does this advert tell us about railway transport in Victorian times [Clue: the three carriages and the boy selling lemonade at the station where the train has stopped].
- Would an advert like this exist today? Explain your reasons.