British Railways Scarborough Poster, 1960
Booklet from publicity department, Scarborough
Travel by Train
Services and fares from stations and agencies
[In logo: British Railways. North Eastern Region.]« Return to Life in 1960s Britain
Discuss the following questions:
- What type of source is this?
- What is being advertised?
- How does the poster encourage people to ‘travel by train’?
- How persuasive do you find this poster? Explain your answer.
- What does this poster reveal about life for people in the 1960s?
- How could we find out more about where people went on holiday in the 1960s?