‘Keep our Secrets Secret, 1960s’, Catalogue ref: INF 13/293/10
Caption reads: somebody isn’t using his intelligence… Keep our secrets secret
« Return to Life in 1960s Britain
Divide the class into small groups/pairs and ask pupils to discuss their answers to the following questions, before reporting back to the class.
- What can you see in this photograph? What do you think is happening?
- Who do you think these people might be?
- Does this photograph look like it was also taken during the 1960’s? Why/ why not?
- Look at the printed writing below the photograph. Can you see who has produced this poster? What is the message about how people should behave?
- What does this photograph tell us about life at this time?
- How would you describe the atmosphere in this photograph and how does it compare with the first photo?