‘New homes rise from London’s ruins’ Catalogue ref: WORK 25/234 E1
Discuss the following questions:
- What can you see in this poster?
- Can you explain what the poster is for? [Advertising new housing in Poplar.]
- What does the large hand coming out of the broken buildings suggest?
- Does the poster have a message?
- Is it hopeful, happy or sad? Explain your ideas.
- Can you describe the photograph in the middle of the poster?
- Why is this photograph in the poster?
- Can you describe how colours are used in the poster?
- Why do you think these particular colours have been used?
- Can you find the Festival of Britain symbol in the poster?
- Can you find out about the Festival of Britain? [Teacher explains that the Lansbury estate in Poplar was an attraction that was part of the Festival of Britain 1951.]