‘Living room in show home, Poplar, 1951, Catalogue ref: WORK 25/209/3872
Divide the class into small groups/pairs. Print the questions below on separate cards. Ask the pupils to discuss their answers and report back to the class.
- What can you see in this photograph?
- How different is this living room to something we might have today?
- Why might this photograph have been taken?
- What does this photograph tell us about life in the 1950s?
- How does this photograph connect to the message of the poster you looked at? [brighter future, a better life after the Second World War]