Poster entitled ‘Help put the lid on Hitler by saving our old metal and paper’, 1939-1946, Catalogue ref: INF 3/203
- Can you explain how words and image are used to persuade people to not waste metal and paper?
- Look at the poster designed by Fougasse (Cyril Kenneth Bird) used in the salvage campaign, Catalogue ref: INF 13/148
- What is the message of this poster?
- Which of these salvage posters is more effective in your opinion?
- Why were people encouraged to salvage books during the war? Catalogue ref: INF 2/47
- How could the book campaign be used to help keep up public morale?
Help put the lid on Hitler by saving your old metal and paper