‘The Great Round Up’, Ministry of Supply and Ministry of Works, 1939-1945. Catalogue ref: INF 13/148 f8
Well, boys! I’m for the shell factory!
And I’m for the glue factory!
And it’s me for munitions!
THE GREAT ROUND UP.
“When will these three meet again in shells, in tanks, or in plane?”
« Return to Government posters
1. Look at Sources 1, 2, 3 and 4. Explain how each of the salvage posters uses the following ways to persuade people to save waste.
- How do the posters use slogans?
- Do they use powerful/forceful words?
- Do they appeal to feelings and emotions?
- How do the posters use humour?
- How do the posters use different font sizes?
- How do the posters use colour to help make their point?
- Which do you think is the most persuasive poster? Give your reasons, using the questions above to help
- Are the posters aimed at different types of audience (men, women, children or all groups)?