1911 Census return (RG 14/227)
4. Look at this page from the 1911 census
- Who is the head of this household?
- What is the name of his wife?
- What is the age difference between the man and his wife?
- How many children are in this family?
- Who else lives in the household?
- Who might have crossed out the name of Eleanora Maund and written ‘Wife away’ at the bottom of the form?
- Why was Edward Maund cross with his wife? (see his comments on the bottom of the form)
- What clues does this census return give us about some men’s attitudes to the role of women?