|Name and Surname||Relationship to Head of Household||Age||Sex||Marriage or Orphanhood||Birthplace and Nationality||School||Personal Occupation||Employment||Place of Work|
|Alice Clowes||Head||36||F||Widow||Consall Staffordshire||[Blank]||School Caretaker||Wakefield Education Committee||Thornes Lane Infant School|
|Alice Ann Clowes||Daughter||13||F||Father dead||Lawton Cheshire||Whole time||[Blank]||[Blank]||[Blank]|
|Jessie Maud Clowes||Daughter||9||F||Father dead||Lawton Cheshire||Whole time||[Blank]||[Blank]||[Blank]|
|Bessie Joan||Daughter||6||F||Father dead||Normanton Yorkshire||Whole time||[Blank]||[Blank]||[Blank]|
|Ann James||Mother||73||F||Widow||Stowbridge Worcestershire||[Blank]||[Blank]||[Blank]||At home|
I declare that this Schedule is correctly filled up to the best of my knowledge and belief
[signed] Alice Clowes
« Return to Case Study C – Wakefield
- Look at Source One and answer these questions.
Source one- 1921 Census record- The National Archives (RG15/22498)
- What kind of activities does Alice’s job involve?
- What subjects do you think younger Alice, Jessie and Bessie study?
- Why do you think Ann is living with the family?
- What else can you learn about the family?
- What questions do you have about this family that are not answered by the census record? Write these down and keep them.