1. Look at Sources 1, 2, 3 and 4. Explain how each of the salvage posters uses the following ways to persuade people to save waste.
« Return to Government posters
- How do the posters use slogans?
- Do they use powerful/forceful words?
- Do they appeal to feelings and emotions?
- How do the posters use humour?
- How do the posters use different font sizes?
- How do the posters use colour to help make their point?
- Which do you think is the most persuasive poster? Give your reasons, using the questions above to help
- Are the posters aimed at different types of audience (men, women, children or all groups)?