Clopton Charters ER 3/290 19 March 1603/4
Deed of sale by William Clopton of Clopton, esq., and Anne his wife to Sir George Carewe of Upton Hellyns, co. Devon, Knt., Vice Chamberlain to the Queen, and Dame Joyce his wife, for £3200 of the manor, mansion-house and park of Clopton, with all lands, etc. appertaining in Clopton and Stratford-upon-Avon, a windmill, or ground on which a windmill late stood, and four pieces of ground adjoining in the common fields of Old Stratford and Welcome, and two leasowes called Perrottes, alias Fursen and Hogges leasowes in Ingon, alias Ington, alias Ingdon, in Bishops hampton and a meadow called Welcombe or Avon meadow in the parish of Stratford-upon-Avon; with covenant to levy a fine, etc.
Seal of crest.
Witnesses: G. Harvy, S. Welyngisbye, William Howpill, Daniel Dene.