North Shields, St Andrew Congregational Church, Camden Street
||Collected from St Columba's church.
||Congregational Church, North Shields St Andrew Congregation, Tyne and Wear
||For records of North Shields, St Columba URC church see C.NS13, and for records of Howard Street Presbyterian Church see C.NS16.
St Columba's United Reformed Church, Northumberland Square, North Shields was formed in 1972 with the amalgamation of St Andrew's congregational Chapel, Camden Street with St Columba's United Presbyterian Church, Northumberland Square. St Andrew's Congregational Chapel was founded in 1818 by a minority of congregationalists who broke away from the Howard Street Presbyterian church following the death of its first minister. It was also known as the Independent Chapel. St Andrew's merged with Stephenson Street Congregational Church in 1944, and finally closed in 1947. The Stephenson Street church closed in 1973, having assumed the name and role of the St Andrew's Congregational Church. It was in 1973 that the churches of St Columba's and St Andrew's amalgamated to become St Columba's United Reformed Church.
The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of
Tyne and Wear Archives Service
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2014