In 1542, 6th Nov., Methe was divided into two shires. MS 613, p. 52a
MS 613, p. 52a
Calendar of the Carew Manuscripts preserved in the Archiepiscopal Library at Lambeth, ed. J. S. Brewer & W. Bullen (6 vols., 1867-73), vol. V, document 236.
The baronies of Methe:--
Duleeke, Seryne, Slane, Murgallen, Navan, Keules.
The half barony of four--Moyferraghe, Deese, Rathonthe, Donboyne--containing the parishes of Killalow, Demore, Clone, Moylaghe, Logherne, Old Castle, Luin.
Westmethe made a county.
The baronies of Westmethe:--
Rathconiete, or the Dalton's country; Rossaughe, or the De La Mares' country, anciently called Moyurackeye, Fercullaghe, or the Tirrells' country; Kilkenny West, or the Dillons' country, anciently called Maghirquirke, containing the parishes of Kilkenny, Dromvran, Bonowne, Ovghvalle, Artenecrane, Alone, Brawny, Jurin.
Delvin, Maynshell, Magheritierran, Corkery, Ferbille, Moygnoise.
The half barony of [four] and a little country called Movlagaghe, containing the parishes of St, Feighers, Kilpatricke, Mayne, Beallaghilla, Lickela, Fogeran, Hilton.