Access to Archives

Part of the UK archives network

St Saviour, Pimlico and Holy Trinity, Vauxhall Bridge Road


The hierarchical structure of this catalogue is shown below. See the entire contents of the catalogue

Reference Accession 1473/Accession 1504/Accession 1575
Covering dates 1852 - 1983
Held by City of Westminster Archives Centre
Extent 49 documents
Source of acquisition Records deposited on permanent loan by Rev D Schuld, Priest-in-Charge and PCC of St Saviour Pimlico, St George's Square, London SW1; accession 1473 on 30 October 1986 and accession 1504 on 7 May 1987 and accession 1575 by Rev R J Rogers on 13 July 1989
Creators Church of England, St Saviour, Pimlico; Church of England, Holy Trinity Parish, Vauxhall Bridge Road Westminster


Administrative history:
St Saviour, Pimlico was built by Thomas Cundy. The foundation stone was laid on 20 June 1863 and the church was consecrated on 16 July 1864. The parish was combined with St James-the-Less, Thorndike Street in 1974.
Holy Trinity, Vauxhall Bridge Road (also known as Holy Trinity, Bessborough Gardens) was built by J L Pearson on land given to the parish by Thomas Cubitt. The foundation stone was laid on 8 November 1849 and the church was consecrated in 1852. During the 2nd World War the church was burnt out and it was eventually demolished in 1953.


Contents:
St Saviour, Pimlico
Parish registers
Service registers
Accounts
Minutes
Holy Trinity, Vauxhall Bridge Road
Parish registers




The contents of this catalogue are the copyright of City of Westminster Archives Centre
Rights in the Access to Archives database are the property of the Crown, © 2001-2014

The records described on this page are held by City of Westminster Archives Centre