Award-winning resources for students and teachers.
Help to develop your collections and archives services.
Best practice in records management and transfer, and information re-use.
- See Shakespeare’s will in London
Wednesday 3 February 2016
- The National Archives publishes reports on born-digital records management
Thursday 11 February 2016
- Allocation of papers accepted in lieu of tax
Monday 1 February 2016
- First World War women FREE
Wednesday 10 February 2016, 14:00-16:00
- Conservation at The National Archives: Bugs and preventive conservation FREE
Thursday 11 February 2016, 14:00-15:30
- Centenary stitches FREE
5 January – 19 March 2016
Read our latest blog posts
Jane Lawrence shares the story of an extraordinary group of knitters; globally united to produce garments for First World War film Tell Them of Us …
Play podcasts and videos
This is the story of the 1939 Register for England and Wales, how it was taken, and what happened next.
Browse and buy images held at The National Archives, from iconic advertising to ancient maps. Find out how to use images commercially…