The Camel Corps, deployed on guerilla operations in Egypt and Palestine in 1918, was made up of diverse commonwealth troops.
©Imperial War Museum Q105525
The First World War was a global conflict. By the time the War Cabinet came into being, the war was not going well for the British and colonial troops in Egypt, Palestine or Mesopotamia.
Search using Mesopotamia Salonika Egyptian Expeditionary Force
- Barker, A.J., The Neglected War: Mesopotamia, 1914-1918. (London: Faber, 1967)
- Bruce, A., The Last Crusade: The Palestine Campaign In The First World War (London: John Murray, 2002)
- Gilbert, M., First World War (London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1994)
- Gilbert, M., 3rd ed., The Routledge Atlas of the First World War (London: Routledge, 2002)
- Hickey, M., The First World War, Vol. 4: The Mediterranean Front 1914-1923 (London: Fitzroy Dearborn, 2003)