Lord Wolfenden, whose 1957 report recommended that 'homosexual acts between consenting adults' should be legalised.
Despite the Wolfenden Report of 1957, male homosexuality was not decriminalised in Britain until 1967. Until that time, a homosexual act was considered by law to be a criminal offence.
Search using Racial discrimination Wolfenden
- Glennerster, H., British Social Policy 1945 to the Present (Oxford: Blackwell, 2007)
- Hall, L.A., Sex, Gender and Social Change in Britain Since 1880 (Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2000)
- Higgins, P., Heterosexual Dictatorship: Male Homosexuality in Post-War Britain (London: Fourth Estate, 1996)
- Houlbrook, M., Queer London: Perils and Pleasures in the Sexual Metropolis 1918-1957 (Chicago: Chicago University Press, 2005)
- Houlbrook, M. and Cocks, H.G., Advances in the Modern History of Sexuality (Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2005)
- Weeks, J., Sex, Politics and Society: The Regulation of Sexuality Since 1800. (London: Longman, 1989)