Booking events and conditions of sale
- The National Archives reserves the right to refuse admission
- Latecomers may be refused admission until a suitable break
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building
- Food and drink may only be consumed in the designated areas
- Food, drink, coats, and bags, are not permitted in events that include original records
- Telephones, cameras and recording devices are not permitted
- The National Archives reserves the right to make alterations to the programme
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded
Booking a visit to view our documents
New slots for booking will be made available every day.
Each booking is for one person only on a first come, first served basis – you will not be able to bring anyone with you, unless they book a visit themselves or have a duty of care.
There is a reasonable limit of 12 bookings in 12 weeks. Multiple bookings cannot be made for the same date.
Please be thoughtful and considerate of others when you book – we may cancel your booking if you exceed our reasonable limit.