Booking events and conditions of sale
- The National Archives reserves the right to refuse admission
- Latecomers may be refused admission until a suitable break
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building
- Food and drink may only be consumed in the designated areas
- Food, drink, coats, and bags, are not permitted in events that include original records
- Telephones, cameras and recording devices are not permitted
- The National Archives reserves the right to make alterations to the programme
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded
Booking a visit to view our documents
New slots for booking will be made available every day.
Each booking is for one person only on a first come, first served basis – you will not be able to bring anyone with you, unless they book a visit themselves or have a duty of care.
There is a reasonable limit of any two types of bookings (standard or bulk) in 28 days. Two bookings cannot be made for the same date.
Please be thoughtful and considerate of others when you book – we may cancel your booking if you exceed our reasonable limit of two bookings in 4 weeks.