Captain James Cook
Join the dots to show Captain Cook’s journey on HMS Endeavour to the South Pacific Ocean.
Put the events onto the timeline in order. Write each number in the correct square.
- He led HMS Endeavour on a journey to the Pacific and arrived in Tahiti in 1769
- He was the first European to discover Hawaii in 1778
- In 1770 he discovered the east coast of Australia
- In 1772 he began a second journey
- He joined the Royal Navy in 1755
- He set sail on his third and final journey in 1776
- James Cook was born in 1728
- He died in 1779. His discoveries taught us a lot about the world.
Can you draw a picture to illustrate one or more of the facts about Captain Cook?