|Name and Surname||Relationship to Head of Household||Age||Sex||Marriage or Orphanhood||Birthplace and Nationality||Personal Occupation||Employment||Place of Work|
|Charles Hansford||Head||56||M||Married||Fulham London||Joiner and Builder||Messers Steiner & Co Cotton Print Works||Foxhill Bank Oswaldtwistle|
|Elizabeth Mary Hansford||Wife||46||F||Married||Lancashire Blackburn||Home Duties||[Blank]||[Blank]|
|Flora Hansford||Daughter||24||F||Single||Blackburn||Elementary School Teacher||Accrington Education Authority||Hyndburn Park Council School|
|Arthur Friend||Visitor||43||M||Married||Bacup||Ex Serviceman – unemployed||[Blank]||[Blank]|
I declare that this Schedule is correctly filled up to the best of my knowledge and belief
[signed] Charles Hansford
« Return to Case Study E – Accrington
- Look at Source One and answer these questions.
Source one- 1921 Census record- The National Archives (RG15/20131)
- What type of company does Charles work for?
- Who is doing the job ‘home duties’? Why do you think house work takes a long time?
- What school subjects do you think Flora teaches?
- What else can you learn about this family?
- What questions do you have about this family that are not answered by the census record? Write these down and keep them.