Step 1: Study the line of text from the document
Step 2: On the document image, use the interactive
magnifying glass to zoom in/out of image by
clicking on a particular word
Step 3: Using the textbox below the document
image, type in your transcription
Step 4: When you have finished the current
line of text, click on the Submit button
Step 5: The results will be shown and will
give you the option to either retry or move
onto the next line of the current document.
Help – instructions on typing your
1) For every word you cannot
transcribe, put in a dash character '-'
2) Every word you transcribe should be separated with a single space. If you add an extra space the computer programme will mark all subsequent words incorrectly because the marking system will not be synchronised.
3) The transcribing text must match, whether
it is in capital or lower case
4) Expand abbreviations in square brackets
5) The number of words must match, otherwise excess words will be ignored