Aerial photograph of Peenemunde (AIR 34/184)
2. Look at Sources 3a & 3b: Attack on Peenemunde.
- Study the aerial photograph of Peenemunde (3a)
- Can you identify the areas listed here in Peenemunde Site Plan/Target Map (3b):
- Experimental station
- Factory workshops
- Power plant
- Unidentified Apparatus [machinery]
- Experimental establishments
- Sleeping and living quarters
- Experimental Airfield
- Which areas would you suggest the bomber pilots aim for?
- Give reasons for your choice of targets.