A large Jamaican city c1950 (INF 10/153)« Return to Bound for Britain
Look at Sources 1a, b & c. All of the photographs were taken in Jamaica during the period 1940-1950. They give us some idea about life on the island. Look carefully at the photographs and answer the questions:
- What animals can you see? What do you think they might be used for?
- What different forms of transport can you see?
- Look at the houses in the photographs. What are they made from?
- Do you think it would be comfortable to live in these houses? Give your reasons
- Compare where you live to the city shown in photograph 1c. Is it similar or different?
- Look at the way the people in the photographs are dressed. Why do you think they dressed this way?