UK Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) are eligible to receive up to two copies of any qualifying UK Official publication. The scheme mirrors the scheme provided for Members of the UK Parliament and ensures that MEPs have access to legislation, parliamentary and other UK Official materials which they need to perform their role and represent UK interests within the European Parliament.
Who qualifies for a subsidy?
The scheme is open to all United Kingdom Members of the European Parliament.
Qualifying publications for the MEP scheme
MEPs are eligible to receive up to two copies of any UK Official publication that satisfies the following conditions:
it is published by or on behalf of:
- the United Kingdom Parliament
- the Scottish Parliament
- the Northern Ireland Assembly
- the National Assembly for Wales
- a United Kingdom Government Department or Agency
- an inter-governmental organisation on which the United Kingdom Government is represented, provided that the publication is on sale in the United Kingdom
it does not fall into any of the following categories:
- official or popular histories
- technical and scientific publications
- works of reference
- maps and charts (except maps of MEP’s own constituency area)
- publications of an artistic or cultural nature
Please note that email addresses take the format: firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries on policy and scope of the Scheme
Tel: 020 8392 5330 ext 2034
Fax: 020 8395 5386
Queries on eligibility, administration and processing of claims
Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5330 ext 2288