Poulton & Noel Limited foods, 1904, (Catalogue ref: COPY 1/223 f295.)
This company had been selling its potted meats in the Victorian period and continued to do so after the death of Queen Victoria in 1901.
POULTON & NOEL LTD. LONDON
ALWAYS IN FRONT
FIRST IN ALL THE GREAT FOOD EXHIBITIONS« Return to Victorian Food and Drink
Look at Source 3
- What is the ‘motor car’ made of?
- How does this advert suggest people should buy these products?
- What is the ‘motor car’ trying to say about Poulton & Noel products?
- What does this advertisement tell us about how food is made and sold?
- Where or how could these food products be eaten? [Clue: what could the motor car be used for?]
- Do we eat these any of these foods today? Explain your answer.
- How convincing is this advert?