Barrett’s Stout, 1898, (COPY 1/130 f173)
Stout is a type of beer.
“Drink Barrett’s Stout” “It saved my life”
BARRETTS’S BREWERY & BOTTLING Co. Lt.
VAUXHALL S.W.« Return to Victorian Food and Drink
Look at Source 4
- What is the story shown in this advert?
- What drink does stout replace to help this lady recover?
- How does the advert suggest that the lady has recovered?
- What does this show us about Victorian ideas in medicine?
- How are these ideas different from today?
- Why would this advert not be allowed today?