Census return 1901 (RG 13/483)
Transcript« Return to Victorian family history
4. This is the census return for the Towers family for 1901. This date marks the end of Victorian times, as the Queen died that year. By this time, William had married and had children.
- How many rooms did William’s family have?
- How many children did William have?
- Did any of William’s children work?
- What jobs did they do?
- How old were his children?
- Why do you think these children were working?
- What does this tell us about their family life?
- Do you think William’s family was rich or poor? Give reasons for your answer