An engraving of Somerset House, a Georgian building overlooking the Thames built on the site of a Tudor Palace belonging to the Duke of Somerset. (Catalogue ref: WORK 30/269)
The Southern Front of Somerset House, with its extensive Gardens etc.
N.B. The floating house, moored in front was a Coffee House, denominated the Folly, & was frequented by the wits and fashionables of the day, but it latterly became so common and notorious that the Magistrates abolished it. London. Published as the act directs April 1, 1808 by John Thomas Smith, No.31 Castle Street, East, Oxford Street.