An engraving of the southern front of Somerset House and gardens, drawn by L. Knyff about 1720 and engraved by Sawyer Junior (WORK 30/269)
SOUTHERN FRONT OF SOMERSET HOUSE, WITH ITS EXTENSIVE GARDENS, &c
N.B. The floating house, moored in front was a Coffee House, denominated the Folly, & was frequented by the wits and fashionables of the day, but it latterly became so common and notorious that the Magistrates abolished it.
London. Published as the act directs April 1 1808 by John Thomas Smith.