Passenger list showing Princess Ademola’s return to Britain in 1937. Catalogue ref: BT 26/1118/32
Omo-Oba Adenrele Ademola was the daughter of an important African Chief in Northern Nigeria. Princess Ademola trained as a nurse in London at Guy’s hospital where she finished her training in 1941.
Ship: W.S. “ABA” Port of Arrival: Liverpool Date of Arrival: 1937
Ship: Line Elder Dempster Lines Ltd. Whence Arrived: W. C. Africa
NAMES AND DESCRIPTIONS OF ALIEN PASSENGERS
|Embark-ation||Port landed||Names||Class 1st, 2nd Tourist or 3rd||Ages
|Address in U.K.||Profession
|Country of intended permanent future residence: [Other parts of the British Empire ]||Country of which
Citizen or Subject
|Lagos 101||Liverpool||ADEMOLA II. Alake of Abeokuta||1st||64
|Lagos 102||Liverpool||ADEMOLA Miss A.||1st||23
|Lagos 103||Liverpool||ALAKIJA A.||1st||52
- What is the date of this document?
- Can you find Miss A. Ademola?
- How old is she?
- What is her profession?
- Where in Britain are these passengers travelling to?
- How are they getting there?
- Can you find their countries of origin on the list?
- What are the professions of the individuals shown?
- What can we infer about the social class of the passengers from this list?