Study this source carefully. It contains information that could be useful in your presentation on life in the trenches. As you study the source, ask yourself:
- Read the useful notes for this source. In what ways are these soldiers typical of British forces and in what ways are they unusual?
- What does this source tell you about who joined the British Army when the war started?
- Does this picture help to explain how and why morale in the British Army was generally good for most of the war?
- Which aspects of trench warfare does this source provide information on?
- How could this source be used in your final presentation?