Study this source carefully. It contains information that could be useful in your presentation on life in the trenches. As you study the source, ask yourself:
- What does this source tell you about the different troops fighting in the British forces?
- What does this source tell you about the dangers faced by soldiers on the western front?
- Which sources in this case study are particularly useful when used in combination with this source?
- Which aspects of trench warfare does this source provide information on?
- How could this source be used in your final presentation?
2. Explain whether you think this source gives a positive or negative view of the empire.
3. Are you going to use this source in your own online exhibition?