Study this source carefully. There are details in this source that will help you to answer the key question. As you study the source, ask yourself:
- Does this document give the impression that the British regard Germany as a threat?
- Do you get the impression that the British government is expecting war with Germany - or simply being cautious?
- What was the navy planning to do if war broke out?
- What effect might this policy have on Germany?
- Does this document suggest that the navy has been thinking about war with Germany for some time?